st: RE: not quite double bounded CV

From   "Mentzakis, Emmanouil" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: not quite double bounded CV
Date   Sat, 24 May 2008 12:45:39 +0100

Coba,

An interval regression model is often used where the bids used are entered as an independent variable.

Have a look at the Hanneman (1991) paper. Essentially your format is a variation of the double bounded dichotomous choice where rather than four outcomes you have three. The purpose of this is to take account of some biases often found in DBDC.

Modifying the likelihood proposed in the Hanneman paper will do. If you want normal distribution you can use -intreg-. Otherwise you can program your own with -ml-. Have a look at the Statalist archives, probably you can find something there.

Cheers

Manos

Hanneman, M., Loomis, J. and Kanninen, B. 1991. Statistical Efficiency of Double Bounded Dichotomous Contingent Choice Contingent Valuation, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 73:1255-1263.