st: RE: RE: autocorrelation and endogeneity

From   "Yu-Luen Ma" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: autocorrelation and endogeneity
Date   Thu, 22 May 2008 17:00:46 -0500

Thanks for your response. I do have panel data but I use one-way fixed effects (only control for time) and thus ivreg2 works. It sounds like the -cluster- will work for me.

From: on behalf of Schaffer, Mark E
Sent: Thu 5/22/2008 4:49 PM
Subject: st: RE: autocorrelation and endogeneity

-cluster- allow consistent estimation the presence of a very specific
kind of autocorrelation.  If you have panel data, and the observations
within each panel are autocorrelated but independent across panels,
-cluster- will give you consistent estimates.

It sounds like this isn't what you want.  If your application is
straight time series, you can use -ivreg2- and a kernel-type var-cov
estimator to get autocorrelation-consistent estimates.  Have a look at
the -bw- and -kernel- options.

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh EH14 4AS
tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax +44-131-451-3296

> Yuluen
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *
> *
> *

registered under charity number SC000278.