st: R: mean of variables

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: R: mean of variables
Date   Thu, 22 May 2008 18:39:40 +0200

Dear Andrea,

the following line can do the trick:

egen D=rowmean( A B C)

HTH and Kind Regards,

-----Messaggio originale-----
[] Per conto di Andrea Rispoli
Inviato: giovedý 22 maggio 2008 18.16
Oggetto: st: mean of variables

Dear Statalist Members,
I would like to know how to build mean variables in Stata.
To be more specific, suppose that I have three columns/variables
indicating sales in 3 different years for each observation, and I'd
like to build a fourth column which contains the mean of sales in the
three years for each observation.
Could you please indicate me the code? (I have already checked in the
manual but I could not find anything that helped me)
Thank you very much