Re: st: instrumental variable for quantile regression

Subject   Re: st: instrumental variable for quantile regression
Date   Thu, 22 May 2008 10:03:16 -0400

alessia matano <[email protected]>:

I don't believe your approach produces consistent point estimates, nor
good interval estimates. There is no canned program for QR with
endogenous variables, that I know of, but GMM and other optimization
problems are now easy to program yourself in Mata (I think Kit Baum's
forthcoming book will provide examples).  See e.g.

Victor Chernozhukov and Christian Hansen
Instrumental quantile regression inference for structural and
treatment effect models
Journal of Econometrics, Volume 132, Issue 2, June 2006, Pages 491-525

Victor Chernozhukov, Christian Hansen, Michael Jansson
Inference approaches for instrumental variable quantile regression
Economics Letters, Volume 95, Issue 2, May 2007, Pages 272-277
http://www.econ.berkeley.edu/~mjansson/Papers/ChernozhukovHansenJansson07.pdf

Sokbae Lee
Endogeneity in quantile regression models: A control function approach
Journal of Econometrics, Volume 141, Issue 2, December 2007, Pages 1131-1158

Victor Chernozhukov and Christian Hansen
Instrumental variable quantile regression: A robust inference approach
Journal of Econometrics, Volume 142, Issue 1, January 2008, Pages 379-398