st: Graphics question

From   Swati Tyagi <>
Subject   st: Graphics question
Date   Wed, 21 May 2008 15:22:32 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Statalist Users,
I had a question on 2 way scatter plots.
I have data on cost and screening status of patients from a RCT on colon cancer screening promotion.
I have a dataset of 1000 bootstrapped replicates and  have constructed a 2 way scatterplot with "cost" variable on y-axis and "effect" data on x-axis and wish to label the 25th and 975th readings of the x-axis variable with  values on the scatterplot.
I can first use "sort" command for that specific variable to give me ranks . Now I need to tell STATA to identify 24th and 975th readings from these 1000 readings and generate a new variable and later incorporate it in the graph.
My question is what commands do I use. I assume to use "If and In" commands but can't figure out how to do it.
Please help me out if possible.
Swati Misra.