st: SSC updates: -invgammafit-, -njc_stuff-

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: SSC updates: -invgammafit-, -njc_stuff-
Date   Sun, 11 May 2008 17:19:30 +0100

Thanks to Kit Baum, two packages on SSC have been updated.

-invgammafit- is a package by Stephen Jenkins and myself for fitting
inverse gamma distributions, optionally as dependent on covariates.
Somehow the package was lacking one help file.

-njc_stuff- is a package that lists packages of which I am author or
co-author.
It consists only of two help files, which are -njc_stuff.hlp- and
-njc_best_stuff.hlp-. These help files may be of interest if you think
that I may have written something on a topic, but can't recall its name;
or if you are using something of mine, and wonder if there is anything
similar; or if you are using something a few years old of mine, and
wonder if there is something better or more up-to-date, as it may well
have been superseded or made obsolete by other work. (An archive like
SSC is precisely that, an archive, and we've been conservative in
keeping some old programs of mine on SSC that might remain of _some_ use
to people on old versions of Stata.) -search- or -findit- could be used
for these questions, but none will show my own annotations.

I just recently stumbled across an FAQ by the good folks at UCLA on my
graphics programs for Stata.

<http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/Stata/faq/graph/njcplot.htm>

They say that they are not aware of a canonical list. This is it, as
nearly as it exists.