Re: st: Control groups

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Control groups
Date   Sun, 11 May 2008 13:03:05 -0400

Alexander,

Without more information, I cannot tell if -samnpsi- or any of the other programs that you tried will give you proper answers. They will be okay, for example, if 1) you measure responses without sampling or by simple random sampling; and 2) you don't intend to generalize your findings beyond the two particular populations you study. Different designs other than aimple two-group cross-sectional comparison might reduce the needed sample size and strengthen your conclusions. Whether your control group is internal (same population) or external (another population) matters, too.

In any case, more details would be helpful.

Steven