st: RE: RE: questions on using the list

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: questions on using the list
Date   Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:51:16 +0100

Phil Schumm's message, which crossed with yours, explained this well.

What he suggests applies to MS Outlook too. Click on the Reply button
and edit the message. There is no need for any copy and paste.

Tunga Kantarci

Reply using your mailer to the last relevant message in a thread.
Whether a message starts "st: re:" or "re: st:" is of no importance. Let
your mailer do the prefixing.

I don't get this part. My mailer cannot do any prefixing. How can it?
It just opens a mail window and I copy paste the subject of the last
mail in
a thread
(which I find annoying to do all the time)