RE: st: RE: Factor Analysis and correlation table

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Factor Analysis and correlation table
Date   Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:49:26 +0100

Please say if you are using factor analysis or principal component
analysis.
For many people, if not all, these are quite distinct techniques,
despite the relations between them.

Even better, please say exactly what Stata commands you are using.

Compare advice for all:

"Say exactly what you typed and exactly what Stata typed (or did) in
response. N.B. exactly!"

<http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#stata>

Thanks, Nick
[email protected]

Timura, Catherine A PhD

Sorr, it was my first post and I needed to clarify things.
I did the principal components analysis over my agreement table in both
STATA and Systat.  While the eigenvalues are identical, the factor
correlation over the correlation table, significantly dropping the
factor
generates the factor loadings to prevent this from happening, or if
other
people have noticed this problem.