RE: st: Parsing issue?

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Parsing issue?
Date   Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:32:17 +0100

Eva is correct.

The way you can be backstabbed by backslashes is explained in a handy
paperback, the
User's Guide. See [U] 18.3.11.

In all operating systems it supports, Stata is happy to accept / as a
separator within
filenames. Under various flavours of Unix, including modern Mac OSs,
that is standard any way. Under Windows, Stata translates when

Eva Poen

a backslash is an escape character in Stata. In front of a local
macro, a backslash prevents execution. I.e., - \`x'- becomes `x' after
Stata executed the line. This can be useful in programming.

For your problem, try replacing the backslash with a forward slash. At
least in Windows this works fine. I don't know about other operating