Re: st: Kriging and other geostatistical procedures

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Kriging and other geostatistical procedures
Date   Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:24:15 -0500

You might have to implement your specific kriging procedures in Mata.
It is not terribly complicated, actually.

And, frankly, R would be a much better choice for this kind of
problem. It has all this spatial stuff written by one of the main
developers (Brian Ripley), with tons of extra packages (of unknown
quality and compatibility with your problem though) by third parties.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Ruchira Bhattamishra
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>  I have weather-station data and need to do spatial interpolation in
>  order to generate community-level estimates. Is anyone aware of Stata
>  programs that support geostatistical procedures such as kriging?  I
>  also need to convert latitude and longitude variables to eastings and
>  northings and would like to know if there are any Stata programs for
>  this.

Small print: Please do not reply to my Gmail address as I don't check
it regularly.