RE: st: trend in ORs across ordered levels of a 3rd variable

From   "Visintainer, Paul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: trend in ORs across ordered levels of a 3rd variable
Date   Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:02:04 -0400

Thanks Maarten, Peter, and Berthold.  I arrived at a similar
conclusion--addressing the problem through logistic regression.  But,
I'm interested in Maarten's and Berthold's use of -suest-, which, from
what I gather, is the Chow test (or something like it), right?

Maarten, your model tested the interaction term in the logit.  Am I
right to assume that, in this situation, the Chow test and the logit
test of the interaction term are accomplishing similar goals?

Thanks,

-p

Paul F. Visintainer, PhD
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
School of Public Health
New York Medical College
PH: (914) 594-4804
FX: (914) 594-4853