Re: st: svy, bootstrapping and pweights

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: svy, bootstrapping and pweights
Date   Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:00:36 -0400

You can partition the 0-1 space into domains (for each observation)
with sizes proportional to the pweights you have (normalize your
weights to add up to 1). Then draw random numbers (uniform) and decide
which observation to add to your subsample. I did it once, but I would
also want to hear responses from the theorists to this approach, since
I often hear that using supplied bootstrapped weights is the only
right way to go.

Best regards,
   Sergiy