st: svy, bootstrapping and pweights

From   "Henry An" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: svy, bootstrapping and pweights
Date   Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:18:43 -0700

Does anyone know how to incorporate probability weights with
the bootstrap function in Stata? That is, I don't want the
program to randomly select observations from my sample, I
want it to select it based on probability
weights that I've assigned to each observation. I know there
is a "bswreg" ado file that does it with bootstrapped
weights but I don't have bootstrapped weights, I have
pweights. I essentially want to calculate valid standard
errors (or MSEs) using data from a complex survey that was
stratified and that comes with pweights in the dataset. Any
help is much appreciated.

Henry