RE: st: gologit2

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   RE: st: gologit2
Date   Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:12:52 -0500

At 09:44 AM 4/16/2008, Maarten buis wrote:
If -gologit2- allows you to specify starting values, than you can set
the starting values at the values used for generating the data
(parameters for all Xs = 1, and cut-points -2, 0, 2), this should
reduce the number of itterations necessary, and thus speed things up.
Unfortunately, gologit2's programmer failed to build in such basic functionality. But I can speed things up a little bit by using ologit instead of gologit2 for the first part, i.e.

ologit y `x'
est store m1
gologit2 y `x', npl store(m2)
lrtest m1 m2, force
return scalar p = r(p)

It is running now so I will report back in a few months. If it takes too long, maybe I will just hack gologit2 to get the good start values. Rich

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu

* For searches and help try: