RE: st: gologit2

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   RE: st: gologit2
Date   Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:44:57 +0100 (BST)

--- Richard Williams <> wrote:
> The other approach is to use gologit2, which is also interesting
> because the Likelihood Ratio test that follows is (as far as I can
> tell) identical to the test SPSS PLUM reports for parallel lines.  I
> think the code is
> gologit2 y `x', pl store(m1)
> gologit2 y `x', npl store(m2)
> lrtest m1 m2
> return scalar p = r(p)
> gologit2 is no speed demon so this may take a few months to run!

If -gologit2- allows you to specify starting values, than you can set
the starting values at the values used for generating the data
(parameters for all Xs = 1, and cut-points -2, 0, 2), this should
reduce the number of itterations necessary, and thus speed things up.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081