st: RE: RE: problem with stattransfer within Stata

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: problem with stattransfer within Stata
Date   Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:58:27 +0100

I am assuming that -inputst- is my program (the -inputst- program of the
-stcmd- package). In that case, inputst is not saying "file not found"
because it couldn't find the file
"C:\statawrk\MAPMISS/MRecord-I-080907.txt"
It is saying "file not found" because it attempted to run Stat/Transfer
to input
"C:\statawrk\MAPMISS/MRecord-I-080907.txt"
and create a temporary file (containing a Stata dataset) as output, and
Stat/Transfer failed to create this temporary file, so this temporary
file is the file that was "not found". (See -whelp tempfile- for more on
temporary files.) The problem is therefore probably in Stat/Transfer,
not in Stata.

I do not know how large your file
"C:\statawrk\MAPMISS/MRecord-I-080907.txt"
is, or whether there are security issues with it. However, I have the
very latest update of Stat/Transfer Version 9. If it is possible for you
to send me a copy of your file
"C:\statawrk\MAPMISS/MRecord-I-080907.txt"
then I can attempt to find out the problem that Stat/Transfer is having.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics