Re: st: RE: Non-linear GMM

From   "Tamazian, Artur" <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Non-linear GMM
Date   Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:58:44 +0200

Dear Nick,

Thanks for response. Could you provide Bill's email or forward his presentation? I could not find the latter on-line.

Nick Cox <> ha escrito:

This may well be programmable.

At the Polish users' meeting last month, Bill Gould gave an example of
using Mata's optimizer
for a GMM problem. The code was impressively short.

Artur Tamazian's colleague

I am estimating the following dynamic panel:

(log y_t) - (log Y_t-1) = alfa X + Y_0 + a_i + e

I would like to know wheather there is a possibility to compute
gmm under Stata or not. I read -xtabond2- help but could not find
nonlinearity option.