st: Dependent continuous variable with bounded range

From   "Pavlos C. Symeou" <>
Subject   st: Dependent continuous variable with bounded range
Date   Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:04:03 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I have panel data for 100 firms for five years and I want to examine the
effects of various variables on "reputation". My variable "reputation"
takes  continuous values in the range of 0-10. Namely, it can take
values of 1,2,3 but also of 2.5, 9.6, etc. The values that the variable
"reputation" takes in my sample range between 2.6 - 8.3. Can you please
advise if I can still use panel OLS estimation for panel data or should
I use a different model? In essence, my main concern is the limitations
of the bounded range of my variable.