st: GOF test for survival analysis with large survey datasets

From   "Noori Akhtar-Danesh" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: GOF test for survival analysis with large survey datasets
Date   Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:29:53 -0400

Dear list members,
I am working on a large survey dataset which includes more than 100000 individuals. The dataset also includes a variable for probability weights which represents more than 2,000,000 participants. I am using different survival techniques for analysis. Of course, with this size of the dataset, most of the statistical tests for goodness-of-fit (GOF) would fail no matter which technique I am using. My question to the list is that "is there any statistical test to evaluate the GOF of a model for large datasets with survival analysis". A similar test is available for logistic regression (Archer and Lemeshow, Goodness-of fit test for a logistic regression model fitted using survey sample data, Stata Journal, 2006, 6:97-105) but I could not find anything about survival analysis.
Many thanks in advance and my apologies for cross-posting,
Noori Akhtar-Danesh, PhD
Faculty of Health Sciences,
McMaster University,
1200 Main St. West, Room 3N28B