st: MORG data aggregation

From   Jimmy Verner <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: MORG data aggregation
Date   Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:28:49 -0500

The Census publishes monthly MORG files. Individuals are weighted so that the data is nationally aggregated. I'm trying to pull monthly observations by state from the files, but I'm not doing something right. I've tried the various svy commands but my results just don't make sense (e.g., Alabama does not have a labor force of 22 million!).

Does anyone have any do files on this subject? Any other input would be much appreciated.

I'm running Intercooled Stata 8.0 on OS X 5.

TIA.

Jimmy Verner
Graduate Student
School of Economic, Political & Policy Sciences
University of Texas - Dallas
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/