st: impute question

From   joe ragg <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: impute question
Date   Wed, 9 Apr 2008 22:24:16 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Stata users / colleagues,
I have a multiple logistic regression model, where the predictor variables are binary. I wanted to impute values for missing predictor variables so as to make full use of the available data.  The stata impute command, as you all may be aware, imputes a value that is calculated according to a multiple regression model of the other predictor variables on the predictor variable of interest, and so the imputed values are not binary but rather between 0 and 1. I was wondering if this is a valid technique given my binary predictor variables. I would like some assurance that it is valid, as I think that probably it is valid. Please excuse me if my question is demonstrating some statistical ignorance, but thank you nonetheless if one of you could in some way respond.
Thank you all again for considering my question.