st: RE: RE: Graphics

From   Patricia Yu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: RE: Graphics
Date   Mon, 07 Apr 2008 14:16:07 -0500

Dear Nick:
Thank you very much for responding.
I have already tried the syntax you recommended.
. scatter y x, by(group)
My problem is below:
My group is "state."
I have a dataset which contains 50 states; therefore, I had 50 state scatter
plots in one graphic when I use this syntax.
Now, I want to only have 10 state scatter plots in one graphic and I will
have five graphics containing all 50 states in the U.S.
How can I do 10 state scatter plots in one graphic from my 50 state dataset?
Thank you.
-Patricia

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
PATRICIA YU
Ph.D. Student & Project Assistant
Dept. of Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Cell: 608/556-3489
Home: 608/231-6855
E-mail: [email protected]
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 1:36 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: Graphics

Dear Patricia:

Please do not send HTML to the list, just plain text.

You say you have a problem, but you do not say what the problem is,
for example in terms of code you tried that did not do what you wanted.

Let me guess that you have 10 groups of states indicated in
a variable -group-.

. scatter y x, by(group)

is then one possibility.

Patricia Yu

When I use Stata syntax to run graphics, I encountered a problem.
I have data for 50 states in the U.S.
I want to create five graphics. Each graphic contains 10 state two-way
scatter plots.