Re: st: graph bar

From   David Airey <david.airey@Vanderbilt.Edu>
Subject   Re: st: graph bar
Date   Mon, 7 Apr 2008 09:50:28 -0500

One solution is to reshape your data so you have wave and time as variables.

For example,

set obs 70
egen panel = seq(), from(1) to(2) block(35)
gen id = _n
forvalues i = 1/7 {
gen x`i' = invnorm(uniform()) + panel
reshape long x, i(id) j(time)
graph bar x, over(panel) over(time)

If you just wanted the x1-x7 labeled, you would need to have your data organized into two responses by panel, e.g., panel1 and panel2, and then issue

graph bar panel1 panel2, over(time)