RE: st: RE: gr bar for string variable

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: gr bar for string variable
Date   Fri, 4 Apr 2008 18:10:23 +0100

I agree with David's advice.

In addition, there are FAQs on the StataCorp and UCLA websites, and
several relevant articles in the Stata Journal. For example, look at

http://ideas.repec.org/s/tsj/stataj.html

SJ papers up to SJ 5(1) 2008 are in the public domain as .pdf.

David Airey

When the new graphics were introduced, I read the graphics manual
front to back. Then Mitchell's text came out, and that helped a lot
(what has happened to the second edition?). Yet, all the same,
whenever I find myself in the online help, I am reminded at the
complexity of Stata graphics. Most of the time, my guesses at the
option needed is correct, which says that the job done by the graphics
programmers was well done. Brilliant, really. With the graphics
editor, these days I generate a near miss plot, and modify it to
completion in the editor. Sometimes, I resist this so I keep my
understanding of the Stata graphic commands fresh. A little weird, I
admit.