Re: st: RE: gr bar for string variable

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: gr bar for string variable
Date   Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:30:51 -0500

.

When the new graphics were introduced, I read the graphics manual front to back. Then Mitchell's text came out, and that helped a lot (what has happened to the second edition?). Yet, all the same, whenever I find myself in the online help, I am reminded at the complexity of Stata graphics. Most of the time, my guesses at the option needed is correct, which says that the job done by the graphics programmers was well done. Brilliant, really. With the graphics editor, these days I generate a near miss plot, and modify it to completion in the editor. Sometimes, I resist this so I keep my understanding of the Stata graphic commands fresh. A little weird, I admit.

-Dave