Re: st: RE: Creating a Count Variable

From   "Friedrich Huebler" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Creating a Count Variable
Date   Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:12:29 -0400

Assuming that Isaac is correct and the variables are indeed coded as 0
and 1, the -gen- command in his message only yields the sum of
selected responses if there are no missing values across the response
variables. With -egen rowtotal- missing values are treated as 0.

. egen newvar = rowtotal(vara varb varc vard vare)

Friedrich