Re: st: Parsing variable list into dependent and independent variables (logit)

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Parsing variable list into dependent and independent variables (logit)
Date   Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:22:02 -0500

On 4/1/08, Peterson, Leif <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am trying to run the mylogit.ado program (below) to parse a variable
>  list and run logit regression.  However, there is an exception being
>  thrown at run-time which is called "+ invalid name."
>
>  Example usage is:
>
>  mylogit bloodpress age sexfem
>

>  ----------------------------------
>
>  program define mylogit,eclass
>   version 10
>   syntax [varlist]
>   local ncol:word count `varlist'
>   local depvar:word 1 of `varlist'
>   forv i=2(1)`ncol' {
>   local indepvar:word `i' of `varlist'
>   local indepvars `indepvars' + "`indepvar'"

this line should be

local indepvars `indepvars'  `indepvar'

so that the local `indepvars' is assigned the string composed of
`indepvars' and `indepvar'

>   }
>   logit `depvar' `indepvars'
>  end

Your goals wil be acheived easier with -gettoken-:

gettoken depvar indepvars : varlist

will get you there in one line.

Small print: Please do not reply to my Gmail address as I don't check
it regularly.