Re: st: Test for similarity among subsamples

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: Test for similarity among subsamples
Date   Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:37:00 -0400

P.M.J. Stromberg <>:
In a linear regression, you can run the fully interacted model or use
-suest-, but see e.g.
on the -probit- equivalent.  In short, logit and probit do not
identify both the coefs *and* the error variance, so differences can
be observed across subsamples because the coefs differ *or* because
the error variance differs (or both).