Re: st: -postfile, every()-?

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -postfile, every()-?
Date   Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:09:37 -0500

That's one and the same thing. -simulate- is a higher level wrapper
around -post-. I like the latter more, as I can have some flexibility
in organizing my simulations and collecting their results.

On 3/28/08, Antoine Terracol <[email protected]> wrote:
> Alan Riley wrote:
>  >
>  > The -every(#)- option of -postfile- is intended to cause -post- to
>  > write its information to disk every # times that it is called.
>  >
>  > However, Stas has found a bug related to the -every(#)- option which
>  > causes -post- to cache observations in memory longer than it should
>  > before it writes them to disk.
>

> I've noticed the same behaviour when using -saving(filename, every(#))-
>  in -simulate-
>
>  Antoine
>

>  --
>  Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
>  pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de
>  suspect n'a ete trouve.
>

>  *
>  *   For searches and help try:
>  *   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
>  *   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
>  *   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

Small print: Please do not reply to my Gmail address as I don't check
it regularly.