st: Combining date and time into one variable.

From   "ippab ippab" <>
Subject   st: Combining date and time into one variable.
Date   Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:37:10 -0400

Hello Statalisters,

I have two variables, one indicating date and another indicating time
of the day.  For example, date = 03/26/2008 and time = 17:31:30.  I am
wondering how I can combine these two variables into one variable so
that I can use the new "Datetime" variable for tis.

My understanding is that 'tis' command (for panel data or time series
analysis) only accepts one variable.  Since I have several
observations for a panel on the same day, I need to make sure both
date and time are used as the time variable.

Thanks in advance!