st: Incidence rate ratio

From   Mohammed El Faramawi <>
Subject   st: Incidence rate ratio
Date   Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:37:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
I am trying to calculate the incidence rate ratio(IRR)
 for a categorical variable ( Mortality) which  has
two categories only ( dead or alive) in a probability
weighted sample. I am also trying to adjust for
covariates. I know that poisson regression can be used
to calculate  (IRR) and adjust for covariates given
that the outcome is  a count for example the number of
 deaths, number stroke attacks, etc . My question is
what regression should I use  in such a situation i.e
outcome which is not count.Can I still use poisson
regression which I doubt it?? Thank you