st: update to margeff

From   "Tamas Bartus (tbartus)" <>
Subject   st: update to margeff
Date   Sat, 01 Mar 2008 08:59:21 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I have updated my margeff package. Due to Kit's absence (do I remember correctly?),
installation requres either the stata commands

net from
net install margeff

or visit to the cited.

The current release hopefully fixes all problems related to the dummies option.
Based on what users reported, this option did not have the desired effects.

Similar to the old Stata Journal distribution, the dummies option works again if
useres request average margiinal effects.

To see what the dummies option does, please try the following:

--------------- top of do file ---------------------

tabi 10 30 40 \ 20 40 50 \ 60 80 90
rename pop pop1
gen pop0 = 100-pop1
reshape long pop , i(col row) j(y)
replace col = col-1
replace row = row-1

xi , prefix(d) i.col i.row
logit y d* [fw=pop]

margeff , dummies(dcol* \ drow* )
margeff , at(mean)
margeff , at(mean) dummies(dcol* \ drow* )

Tamas Bartus, PhD
Associate Professor, Institute of Sociology and Social Policy
Corvinus University, Budapest
1093 Budapest, Közraktár utca 4-6.
Phone:  +36-1-482-7301
Fax:      +36-1-482-7348