st: RE: update to margeff

From   Uri Goldbourt <>
Subject   st: RE: update to margeff
Date   Sat, 01 Mar 2008 10:26:41 +0200

I am afraid I obtain (using stata 9.2):

" . net from

file not found

server says file temporarily redirected to either

  1)  is not a valid URL, or

  2)  could not be contacted, or

  3)  is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file)."

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Tamas Bartus (tbartus)
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 9:59 AM
Subject: st: update to margeff

Dear Statalisters,

I have updated my margeff package. Due to Kit's absence (do I remember correctly?),

installation requres either the stata commands

net from

net install margeff

or visit to the cited.

The current release hopefully fixes all problems related to the dummies option.

Based on what users reported, this option did not have the desired effects.

Similar to the old Stata Journal distribution, the dummies option works again if

useres request average margiinal effects.

To see what the dummies option does, please try the following:

--------------- top of do file ---------------------

tabi 10 30 40 \ 20 40 50 \ 60 80 90

rename pop pop1

gen pop0 = 100-pop1

reshape long pop , i(col row) j(y)

replace col = col-1

replace row = row-1

xi , prefix(d) i.col i.row

logit y d* [fw=pop]

margeff , dummies(dcol* \ drow* )

margeff , at(mean)

margeff , at(mean) dummies(dcol* \ drow* )

Tamas Bartus, PhD

Associate Professor, Institute of Sociology and Social Policy

Corvinus University, Budapest

1093 Budapest, Közraktár utca 4-6.

Phone:  +36-1-482-7301

Fax:      +36-1-482-7348