Re: Re: st: drop redundant value labels

From   n j cox <>
Subject   Re: Re: st: drop redundant value labels
Date   Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:56:43 +0000

In this territory, note also that -ds- has the scope to identify which variables have and do not have value labels attached, e.g.

ds, has(vallabel)
ds, not(vallabel)

-ds- is undocumented, which is Stataspeak for lacking a manual entry, but possessing online help.

Ronnie Babigumira wrote:

> I am merging a number of datasets. Each of the categorical variables in these datasets has value labels, however, what I
> would like to do is to only retain the value labels for the variables that end up in any given merged dataset.

* For searches and help try: