st: Re: 2SLS with probit in the first stage regression

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: 2SLS with probit in the first stage regression
Date   Fri, 15 Feb 2008 07:01:05 -0500

Please read the Baum-Schaffer-Stillman paper, SJ 2007 (preprint available from my website below) on this subject. You can estimate the equation with an endogenous dummy consistently with IV, and in our -ivreg2- you can use the endog() option to test whether that variable must be considered endogenous. You can use -xtivreg2- to perform a fixed effect model, as -xtivreg2- has the same options available as does -ivreg2- in terms of endogeneity tests.

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html