Re: Re: st: Frapoly

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: Re: st: Frapoly
Date   Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:58:04 +0000 (GMT)

--- mai mai <> wrote:
> I am running fracpoly for a large number of regressions. Is there a
> way to automate the process of finding (or plotting) the inflection
> points? ie, is there a way to solve for the derivative of each
> function considering that each function has a different functional
> form from the others? Or do I have to manually solve for the dydx for
> each function then manually solve for them to be zero?

It is a pretty regular problem, so it should not be too hard to program
this. However, I am in the process of finishing my dissertation, so I
am not going to do so in the forseeable future. So, unless someone else
on this list wants to take a stab at this, you will have to write that
program. As I said it should not be that hard, though I don't know if
writing that program will turn out to be quicker than doing it

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam