RE: st: nl command with restriction

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: nl command with restriction
Date   Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:10:02 -0000

Rodolfo's parameters add to 1. His problem differs from that of various

E. Paul Wileyto

It might be easiest to incorporate a transform into the equation you are

estimating.  -nl- will expect coefficients that range from minus to plus

infinity.  You could get everything you want by transforming as a
multinomial logistic probability.

suppose you want to estimate A, B, and C which add to 1.  -nl- variable
b0.. ranges - to + inf.

replace the parameters in your equation with :