st: Questions about svy commands

From   Ana Gabriela Guerrero Serdan <>
Subject   st: Questions about svy commands
Date   Sat, 9 Feb 2008 04:04:30 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

Sorry for these probably obvious questions. Have
looked into the archives  but I'm still confused on
the following issues:

1) I am using survey data (two-stages with
stratification). I am looking at children less than
five years old.  Can I apply svy set as usual to my
sub-sample of children as follows?

svyset [pweight= expweigh],  strata(AI05) psu( AI06)

2) I had initially done my analyis with linear
ressions without the svyset, controlling for
differences in provinces and cohorts, and clustering
at the district level. I used areg as follows:

areg Y X DummiesProvinces, vce(cluster district)

What command can I use if I first set my data for

Gaby Guerrero Serdan

Deparment of Economics
Royal Holloway, University of London
Egham, Surrey
England, UK

Tel: +44 7912657259

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ