Re: st: Hosmer-Lemeshow test with clogit

From   Steven Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: Hosmer-Lemeshow test with clogit
Date   Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:04:23 -0500

-linktest- will work after -clogit- and, in my experience, is a more powerful test of fit than the H-L test.

On Feb 6, 2008, at 8:48 AM, Peter Dijkstra wrote:

Thanks Maarten, I found your post before but it does not give the answer I was looking for. I do need the Hosmer-Lemeshow test or something very similar, but I cannot find how to do this...
Cheers, Peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Datum: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:39:27 +0000 (GMT)
Von: Maarten buis <>
Betreff: Re: st: Hosmer-Lemeshow test with clogit

--- Peter Dijkstra <> wrote:
After a normal logit model you can use the Hosmer-Lemeshow test to
check the goodness-of-fit. However, I estimated a conditional logit
(clogit) model and am unable to use lfit (I still use Stata8, in
release 9 this corresponds to "estat gof"). Is there a similar test
available somewhere?
My very first post on statalist dealt with the Hosmer-Lemeshow

(This post was a response to a question by Herve, who just today
started another thread on statalist)

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam