Re: st: syntax, programming

From   Jochen Späth <>
Subject   Re: st: syntax, programming
Date   Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:19:13 +0100

Maarten buis schrieb:
--- Jochen Späth <> wrote:

Using STATA's syntax command variables entered by the user of the program are stored as a local macro `varlist'. So, how can I access
the contents of `varlist' "one by one", i.e. how can I adrress each
element of `varlist' separately? - What I do not want is to make use
of a loop such as foreach... Any ideas?
-tokenize `varlist'- will put the first variable in local `1', the
second in local `2', etc.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

Sent from Yahoo! Mail - a smarter inbox

* For searches and help try:

Indeed, it does! Thank you very much, Maarten.