Re: st: RE: TextEditor Automation

From   Nick Winter <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: TextEditor Automation
Date   Sun, 03 Feb 2008 13:34:52 -0500

I use the following program to automate opening up my editor (TextPad) with a specified file to edit. Presumably code from this could be modified to simply open up the editor automatically.

This program lets me type "tp myfile.ado" to open up -myfile.ado- in the editor. The -findfile- line means that I can load up an ado file even if I'm not in its directory, as long as its along the ado path.

--Nick Winter

program tp
version 9.1
qui findfile `1'
local fn `r(fn)'
local fn : subinstr local fn "/" "\" , all
winexec "c:\program files\textpad 4\textpad.exe" "`r(fn)'"

Martin Weiss

I was wondering whether it is possible to have the open your
favorite texteditor in a maximized window automatically. gives advice on how
handle editors to edit do-files. I cannot find a section on passing
line arguments to the winexec command to have it open the editor
though. Any ideas?

* For searches and help try:
Nicholas Winter                                 434.924.6994 t
Assistant Professor                             434.924.3359 f
Department of Politics         e
University of Virginia w
PO Box 400787, 100 Cabell Hall
Charlottesville, VA 22904