Re: st: GEE or svy:logit

From   Steven Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: GEE or svy:logit
Date   Sun, 3 Feb 2008 09:38:58 -0500

Brenda, Please give some detail about the survey design: 1. What was the target population; 2. How did you select the sample-please give all steps.

On Feb 2, 2008, at 12:49 PM, wrote:

Greetings from a new Statalister.
I am in need of advice, including references, if you have any.

We have done a household-level cross-sectional survey including all consenting adults within the household (1 to 4 per cluster). There are both household-level and personal-level variables.
The dependent variable is nominal at the personal level (ill/not ill).
The focal independent variable is nomial and at the household level (water contaminated/not).
Other variables of interest (explanatory, in relation to focal independent variable) are at the personal and household level.

My question is I need to use GEE to adequately account for clustering within households OR would the svy:logit in Stata do this? (The ICC for illness & household is 0.08, SE 0.08)

Brenda Coleman, PhD candidate

* For searches and help try: