st: RE: RE: RE: fractional logit?

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: fractional logit?
Date   Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:33:12 -0000

Maarten already suggested the Dirichlet.

Feiveson, Alan H.

ALso consider using a beta distribution to model the fractions -

ssc describe betafit

Viktor Slavtchev

I have individual data where people report the share of time they
in five distinct activities. People can do more than one activity every
day: first jogging, then go to work, then shopping, whatever. That is,
there are five observation per ID individual. Actually, the ID is the
(each person's) day. I wish to explore the individual characteristics
determining the share of time spent for each activity.
As the dependent variable is a share [0;1] I was thinking about
fractional logit. In Stata it would be (I guess):
glm y x, family(binomial) link(logit).
However, I am not clear whether fractional logit can be applied on the
original data, or the data have first to be transformed in some way.
Moreover, in doing -glm- live above I implicitly assume that each
observation is independent which is definitely not true.
Does anybody know some solution?<<