st: fractional logit?

From   Viktor Slavtchev <>
Subject   st: fractional logit?
Date   Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:45:54 +0100

Dear all,
I have the following questoin:
I have individual data where people report the share of time they spend in five distinct activities. People can do more than one activity every day: first jogging, then go to work, then shopping, whatever. That is, there are five observation per ID individual. Actually, the ID is the (each person's) day. I wish to explore the individual characteristics determining the share of time spent for each activity.
As the dependent variable is a share [0;1] I was thinking about fractional logit. In Stata it would be (I guess):
glm y x, family(binomial) link(logit).
However, I am not clear whether fractional logit can be applied on the original data, or the data have first to be transformed in some way.
Moreover, in doing -glm- live above I implicitly assume that each observation is independent which is definitely not true.
Does anybody know some solution?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks a lot
* For searches and help try: