RE: st: My last word on strange world

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   RE: st: My last word on strange world
Date   Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:05:11 -0500

At 04:38 PM 1/10/2008, Maarten buis wrote:
--- Richard Williams <> wrote:
> Actually, what I want is the "do what should be done whether I
> realize it or not" option.  If Stata can perfect this it will have a
> huge marketing advantage over the competition.  The "Do whatever
> Maarten Buis would do here" option would be great too. :)

This suggest that there is a difference between the two ;-)
Both options give the same results, but the Maarten algorithm of course converges to a solution far more quickly. Unfortunately, the near-universal tendency to misspell "Maarten" more than offsets these gains. :-(

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu

* For searches and help try: