FW: st: weird error in -nlcom- (response frm Bobby Gutierrez)

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   FW: st: weird error in -nlcom- (response frm Bobby Gutierrez)
Date   Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:16:21 -0600

This reminds me to share the nice response that Bobby Gutierrez provided
with respect to my -nlcom question from yesterday. As Bobby suspected,
the problem had to do with iterating to find optimal step sizes to
calculate numerical derivatives. Bobby provided me with modified
versions of -nlcom and -testnl that alllowed for user-specifed number of
digits of "accuracy" (see below) and when I used them with ",digits(6)"
as an option, the problem went away.

Since I can't post attachments, I am not including these modified ados,
but I suspect Bobby would be happy to provide them to anyone who asked.
It appears that eventually, these will be official updates (see below).

Al Feiveson