st: Problem with gllamm adaptive quadrature

From   "Barth Riley" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Problem with gllamm adaptive quadrature
Date   Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:20:30 -0600

Dear StataList

I am running a multilevel logistic model using gllamm. After initial
estimation of the fixed effects, gllamm then proceeds to perform adaptive
quadrature. It appears that gllamm never proceeds past iteration 0. After a
very long (hours) delay, I get the following error message: "

initial vector: matrix must be dimension 28"

This is the syntax for gllamm I am using:

gllamm x d1_1-d17_1, i(id Section) nip(8) /// link(mlogit) expand(obs chosen
o) weight(wt) /// nocons adapt

There are 28 terms in the initial set of coefficients, so why would I get
this error message?