RE: st: -corrtable- available from SSC

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: -corrtable- available from SSC
Date   Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:58:59 -0000

I have it on good authority that the Stata Journal would have
absolutely no objection to correlation matrices as graphs not
tables, if that promoted the aims of the paper.

More generally, you could do it in black and write. It
would be puzzling if an editor or reviewer objected to
the same information being presented in a better way.

Naturally, -corrtable- has its limits too, but they are
for correlation matrices so big that they probably shouldn't be printed
anyway.

Richard Williams

At 10:46 AM 11/30/2007, Nick Cox wrote:
>But I shouldn't disparage my own program. I guess some people will
>enjoy playing with it a bit. If you ever need to give a talk including
>little correlation matrices, this is a way of going beyond a very
>mundane table -- and, positively, highlights and patterns in your table

>can be made clearer without graphamatazz.

It is pretty neat looking.  I would have written sooner but I had to
wait for it to finish running.  :)I don't know how many journals would
let you include a graphic for your correlation matrix, but yes, it
certainly is less boring than the usual output and could be great for a
presentation.  Thanks for writing it.