Re: st: Presenting results of zero-inflated negative binomial

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Presenting results of zero-inflated negative binomial
Date   Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:35:54 +0000 (GMT)

--- Meryle Weinstein <[email protected]> wrote:
>  My next issue is what to include in the results section of the
paper.
> I've looked at several articles that use this analysis, but they all
> present different results.  Is there a standard presentation for
these
> analyses?

No, there is no general standard. When looking for the most
standardlike presentation I would look within your own
sub-sub-discipline, because these things tend to change quite a bit
between disciplines, and editors, reviewers, and advisors tend to like
their own standard.

Anyhow if your model so new to your discipline that not even a
standardlike presentation has developed, than so much the better! Often
you are forced into a standard presentation you know is not quite
kosher, but you are stuck with it because some old guys want it. Now
you can do it right, and set the standard (and before you know it you
are one of those old persons forcing other people to do it your way).

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081